- Wikipedia - Further enriching maps (which today have YP and other 3rd party content providers integrated) with essentially UGC
- Letting users upload pictures and video content relating to PoIs (in addition for their own PoIs) - Taking UGC and hyper local content to the next level and creating a User Generated Street View
- Improved search which throws up a lot more hyper local data
- Traffic incident information for certain cities, giving more insight into the nature of the delay
- Transit timings in select cities
The above layers can be viewed separately, in groups or all in one view
Layers on the Map: Latitude locations + My Map
Next was discovering new places. When frequently (and literally) rolling into new villages and towns, it was really handy to be able to turn on the Wikipedia layer and quickly learn about interesting stuff in the area. We could click on any of the 'W' icons on the map to read more.