Would be good to see the impact of free navigation from Nokia and Google on PNDs sales in Europe ?
- While driving through the Loire Valley, I put my French language skills to the test by finding my destination with Search by voice (now launched in French, German, Italian, and Spanish for Android 2.0 and higher);
- I previewed a typical British roundabout with Street View to see exactly where I’d need to exit before getting there in person;
- I satisfied my craving for moules frites by searching for it along my route;
- I kept the gas stations layer on to ensure I’d always know where the nearest petrol station was, just in case;
- And, of course, the turn-by-turn voice guidance kept me on-track to my destination -- despite my sometimes spotty connection in mountain tunnels -- thanks to the way Maps Navigation saves the route on your device when you start.